Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Bradford Football Fire: My Dad Is No Arsonist

Written By nana jamaika on Jumat, 17 April 2015 | 22.11

By Paul Kelso, Sports Correspondent

The son of the former Bradford City chairman linked to a series of fires has told Sky News his entire family were in the main stand at Valley Parade during the blaze that killed 56 people in May 1985.

A new book by survivor Martin Fletcher has linked eight previous fires to businesses or premises owned by the club's then chairman Stafford Heginbotham.

Mr Fletcher says this information was not considered by the police or public inquiry at the time, and is calling for a fresh investigation.

His book, Fifty-Six: The Story of the Bradford Fire, also claims Mr Heginbotham received millions of pounds in insurance as a result of the fires.

It also says that the club was in dire financial difficulties at the end of the 1985 season.

But Simon Heginbotham dismissed any suggestion his father was linked to the fire. He said he, his brother and his mother were all in the stand that day.

"We're disgusted - it is quite diabolical that he has chosen to do this on the 30th anniversary of the fire and 20 years after my father's death," Mr Heginbotham said.

"James, my brother, was filming in a very particular spot at the end of that stand where he had a video camera.

"Myself and my mother were sat in the middle of the stand, so why is my father gong to light a fire on a day like that with all his family sat in the stadium?

"That stadium was going to be pulled down 48 hours after the game, on the Monday morning.

"So why would you burn down a club that had been deemed uninsurable and no use for any insurance claim.

"There is no reason or gain in any shape or form for setting a football club on fire. It's absolutely ridiculous, we've never had any financial trouble with the family or the business."

Stafford Heginbotham was a well-known businessman in Bradford in the 70s and 80s, running foam and toy companies.

Several fires occurred in mill buildings where his companies operated, and in three cases someone was arrested and prosecuted.

Simon Heginbotham said these incidents were already in the public domain and his father had nothing to hide.

"These were old woollen mills - there were fires every week. He's been singled out as a serial arsonist, and everyone in the town of Bradford is disgusted with this.

"He [Martin Fletcher] didn't have to dig for 15 years in a London library, he could have rung me up and I could have told him any details. Those fires have always been in the public eye.

"They became bad jokes. In the 70s and 80s, if businessmen saw a cloud of smoke in the town after 6pm they'd say 'that will be one of Stafford's'. Not meant to be horrible, but he was unlucky in that area."


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Karen Buckley Death: Man Charged With Murder

By James Matthews, Scotland Correspondent, Glasgow

A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Irish student Karen Buckley.

Alexander Pacteau, 21, is accused of killing Ms Buckley, whose body was found on Wednesday on a farm outside Glasgow.

Pacteau made no plea or declaration when he appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court.  He has been remanded in custody.

He is charged with murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.

Ms Buckley, 24, from Cork, vanished after spending the night with friends at Glasgow's Sanctuary nightclub.

She started an occupational therapy degree at Glasgow Caledonian University in February and was previously a nurse at the Princess Alexandra hospital in Harlow, Essex.

Earlier this week, her parents flew from Ireland to help with the search and told a news conference they were "desperate" for help.

Hundreds of people attended a mass at a church close to the Buckley family home in north Cork, and Irish foreign minister Charlie Flanagan said: "All of our thoughts and prayers are with Karen's parents, John and Marian, and with all of her family and friends at this tragic time."

A candle and photograph of Ms Buckley have been left at the reception to the health sciences building where she studied at the University of Limerick.

And tens of thousands of pounds have been donated to a fundraising page set up by Ms Buckley's former classmates to cover her family's expenses in Scotland.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Newborn Baby Left In Amusement Arcade Toilets

Police are trying to find the mother of a newborn baby found abandoned in public toilets at an amusement arcade in Southport.

The girl has been named as April by staff at Ormskirk Hospital where she is being treated.

She was just several hours old when staff at Silcock's Amusement Arcade found her in the disabled toilet on Thursday evening.

Police said there was evidence that April was "born where she was found".

Detective Inspector Mike Dalton said: "Our primary concern is for the health of the girl's mother. She is not in any trouble.

"I would urge April's mother to urgently come forward or at least seek treatment, as she could suffer medical complications which are potentially very dangerous.

"Please make contact with Ormskirk Hospital as soon as possible, if you are outside the area please get in touch with a medical professional.

"You are not in trouble, we need to get you back together with your daughter."

Police later released a CCTV image of woman they were hoping to trace in connection with the inquiry and urged her to get in touch.

:: A 24-hour phone line has been set up by the hospital, in order for the mother to make contact. The number is 01695 656 926.

:: Anyone who may be able to help locate April's mother is asked to contact officers on 0151 777 3835.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Murdered Becky Watts Died From Suffocation

By Adele Robinson, Sky News Correspondent

Bristol teenager Becky Watts, who was found dead in March after a huge police search operation, was suffocated, police have revealed.

The statement came as hundreds of people, including friends and family, gathered for the 16-year-old's funeral at St Ambrose Church in the Whitehall district of Bristol.

Becky's body parts were discovered at a house in the Barton Hill area of the city on 2 March, 11 days after she went missing from her home in Crown Hill. 

Avon and Somerset Police's statement came as tributes were paid at the funeral to the teenager who "touched the hearts of the nation".

Mourners, some wearing T-shirts featuring a photograph of Becky, threw pink roses as the horse-drawn carriage carrying her coffin arrived.

At Friday's service, Reverend David James read a tribute to the "shy" girl from Becky's father, Darren Galsworthy.

"Secondary school was when our family went through very dark times," he said. "Becky was bullied about her weight and consequently we almost lost her to anorexia.

"But with a lot of care from us and hospital education we were able to get our Becky back."

He said Becky's death had "left a huge void in our lives and touched the hearts of the nation".

"We all loved you so much and as you look down from heaven just look at what your short life has achieved - not bad for a shy girl.

1/12

  1. Gallery: March: Tributes to Becky Watts

    Public lay flowers near a property in Barton Court, Bristol, as a tribute to teenager Becky Watts

Family members have also been leaving tributes outside her home

]]>
22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Manhunt As Two Women Found Murdered In Bootle

A double murder investigation has been launched after the deaths of two women in Bootle, Merseyside.

The body of a woman, in her 20s, was found with multiple injuries in Worcester Road at about 9.15pm on Thursday night.

This morning, at about 4am, police found the body of a second woman, aged in her 50s, at a property in Brookhill Road.

Police are linking the deaths and have launched a double murder investigation.

Detective Superintendent Tim Keelan, said: "Detectives have launched a murder inquiry following the discovery of two bodies at two separate addresses in Bootle.

"At about 9.15pm on Thursday, 16 April a concern for safety call was received about a woman residing on Worcester Road.

"A patrol attended and a search was conducted resulting in the discovery of the body of a woman believed to be in her late 20s with multiple injuries.

"At about a 4am today enquiries led officers to a property on Brookhill Road.

"When no answer was received the officers gained entry. A search of the property resulted in the discovery of the body of woman aged in her 50s.

"Both deaths are being treated as suspicious."

The causes of death have yet to be established and formal identification is still to take place.

Officers have contacted the next of kin of the women. Family Liaison Officers have also been appointed.

Officers from Sefton CID are leading the investigation and house-to-house enquiries are underway.

Both scenes remain sealed for forensic examination and a search is on-going in the area. CCTV is also being sought.

Mr Keelan added: "The investigation into these deaths is at an early stage and although the motive is unclear at this time, officers believe the offender may be known to the victims.

"I would like to reassure residents who live in the Bootle area, where these addresses are located, that we have increased patrols in the area to provide reassurance and support."

Anyone who has seen any suspicious activity around either properties in the last week should contact the Major Incident Team on 0800 230 0600, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Mother Charged With Son's Car Fire Murder

Written By nana jamaika on Kamis, 16 April 2015 | 22.11

A mother has been charged with murdering her five-year-old son who died after a fire engulfed the car he was in.

Tommy Sheldon sustained life-threatening injuries after the blaze unfolded in Merdon Castle Lane, Hursley, Hampshire, on 11 August 2014, and died a fortnight later.

His mother, Teresa, has now been charged with his murder - along with the attempted murder of a second person who cannot be named.

According to the Crown Prosecution Service, the 38-year-old has also been charged with the unlawful killing of her son.

Sheldon has been remanded in custody, and will appear at Winchester Crown Court at a later date.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Karen Buckley: Remains Found As Man Held

Karen Buckley: Remains Found As Man Held

We use cookies to give you the best experience. If you do nothing we'll assume that it's ok.

A man is to appear in court after remains believed to be those of a missing Irish student were found on a farm.

Officers searching for 24-year-old Karen Buckley made the discovery close to Milngavie, north of Glasgow.

Formal identification of the remains has not taken place. Ms Buckley's relatives have been informed.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested and police said they were "following a definite line of enquiry". He is due in court on Friday.

Ms Buckley was last seen in the early hours of Sunday morning after a night out in Glasgow.

The student, from Cork, vanished after spending the night with friends at the city's Sanctuary nightclub.

She told them at around 1am she was going to the toilet but failed to return and left her jacket behind.

1/17

  1. Gallery: Police Search Discover Remains In Search For Missing Student

    The search for the missing student shifted to the area around High Craigton Farm, to the north of the city, on Wednesday

The road to the farm was closed off

]]>

Fire service vehicles were later seen heading to the farm. Hours later police revealed that remains had been found

]]>

Ms Buckley spent Saturday night with friends at Glasgow's Sanctuary nightclub but disappeared around 1am

]]>

Police earlier searched near the flat in Dorchester Avenue where the student spent several hours on Sunday before apparently leaving around 4am

]]>
Karen Buckley: Remains Found As Man Held

We use cookies to give you the best experience. If you do nothing we'll assume that it's ok.

A man is to appear in court after remains believed to be those of a missing Irish student were found on a farm.

Officers searching for 24-year-old Karen Buckley made the discovery close to Milngavie, north of Glasgow.

Formal identification of the remains has not taken place. Ms Buckley's relatives have been informed.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested and police said they were "following a definite line of enquiry". He is due in court on Friday.

Ms Buckley was last seen in the early hours of Sunday morning after a night out in Glasgow.

The student, from Cork, vanished after spending the night with friends at the city's Sanctuary nightclub.

She told them at around 1am she was going to the toilet but failed to return and left her jacket behind.

1/17

  1. Gallery: Police Search Discover Remains In Search For Missing Student

    The search for the missing student shifted to the area around High Craigton Farm, to the north of the city, on Wednesday

The road to the farm was closed off

]]>

Fire service vehicles were later seen heading to the farm. Hours later police revealed that remains had been found

]]>

Ms Buckley spent Saturday night with friends at Glasgow's Sanctuary nightclub but disappeared around 1am

]]>

Police earlier searched near the flat in Dorchester Avenue where the student spent several hours on Sunday before apparently leaving around 4am

]]>

22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

DJ Neil Fox Pleads Not Guilty To Sex Offences

DJ Neil Fox has pleaded not guilty to nine sex offences against six alleged victims, including three who were under 16 at the time.

The 53-year-old, from Fulham in west London, was in Westminster Magistrates' Court to face seven counts of indecent assault, and two sexual assault charges.

After the charges were announced on 23 March, Mr Fox's lawyer said he "categorically denies each and every allegation that has been made against him".

The offences relating to the three juveniles were alleged to have taken place between 1991 and 1996 - one of them at the Chessington World of Adventures theme park.

The other three complainants were allegedly attacked by Mr Fox between 2003 and 2014, and one woman claims she was repeatedly assaulted at Capital Radio's Leicester Square studios.

Mr Fox was suspended from his job at Magic FM while police investigated the allegations, made by six women between the ages of 14 and 36.

He was first arrested last September, then again in December and again in March.

Scotland Yard said its investigation was not part of the Operation Yewtree inquiry into Jimmy Savile and others.

Mr Fox rose to fame presenting the chart show on Capital Radio, before appearing as a judge on Pop Idol between 2001 and 2003 alongside Simon Cowell, Pete Waterman and Nicki Chapman.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

Preacher Murder Police Make Terror Arrests

By Richard Suchet, Sky News Reporter

Police investigating the murder of Syrian-born preacher Abdul Hadi Arwani have arrested two people on suspicion of terror offences.

A 53-year-old woman was detained in Brent on Wednesday, and a 61-year-old man, already being held on suspicion of conspiracy to murder the imam, was re-arrested over terror offences.

The arrests came as an inquest was opened into the death of Mr Arwani, whose body was found in a car with multiple gunshot wounds.

He was discovered slumped behind the wheel of his Volkswagen Passat on 7 April.

Mr Arwani had been the imam at the An-Noor Cultural and Community Centre in Acton, west London, from 2005 to 2011 - and he was an outspoken critic of Syrian president Bashar al Assad.

Opening the inquest at North London Coroner's Court, Coroner Andrew Walker offered his condolences to Mr Arwani's son, who was present for the short hearing.

It was confirmed that on the day he died, Mr Arwani - who also had a building company - had "agreed to meet up with a male at a pre-arranged location" where he was fatally wounded.

A post-mortem examination confirmed cause of death as "multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen" and the inquest has now been adjourned until 30 October.

Meanwhile, a 36-year-old man has appeared at the Old Bailey charged with the murder of Mr Arwani.

Leslie Cooper will stand trial on 12 October, 2015.


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More

May: Top Gear Trolls Should Kill Themselves

James May has told Top Gear viewers who sent threatening tweets to Sue Perkins following rumours she could replace Jeremy Clarkson he does not want them as fans.

The presenter took to Twitter himself to tell online trolls who sent the Great British Bake Off host abusive messages they should "kill themselves".

He said: "If you're one of the people sending death threats to Sue Perkins, could you please do the world a much bigger favour by killing yourself."

May quickly clarified: "Obviously I don't actually want people to kill themselves but, really, we don't want them as fans."

Perkins denied she was in the running for the role after Clarkson's contract was not renewed by the BBC after his attack on a producer last month.

But she announced she was leaving Twitter on Tuesday as a result of the abuse.

She said: "Guys, post the utterly fabricated story about me and Top Gear, my timeline has been full of blokes wishing me dead. This morning, someone suggested they'd like to see me burn to death.

"All of which goes to say that I am off Twitter for a bit. Love and peace x."

Coral bookmakers had Dermot O'Leary as second favourite to present at 2-1, while actor Philip Glenister, famed for his role as the detective in Life On Mars, has also been rumoured to replace the ousted Clarkson.

Clarkson was the subject of an internal BBC investigation after he attacked Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon, splitting his lip and verbally abusing him in a 30-second assault on 4 March.

The star received widespread public support - including from his friend Prime Minister David Cameron - in the aftermath of the fracas, and one million people signed a petition calling for the BBC to reinstate him.

But BBC director general Tony Hall said "a line has been crossed" and "there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another".

:: Anyone feeling emotionally distressed or suicidal can call Samaritans for help on 08457 90 90 90 or email jo@samaritans.org


22.11 | 0 komentar | Read More
Techie Blogger